Saturday, April 19, 2008

Business card template

I found this business card template here at this blog. She always has the neatest ideas!! I just ordered some business cards from vista.com and they came this week and came out so cute. This is the business card holder I made for my business cards to go in. I will try and tell you step by step how I did it.


Start off with a sheet of cardstock cut 5x5.

Score at 1 1/2", 1 3/4", 3 3/4" and 4". Flip cardstock 1/4 turn and score that side at 3/8", 5/8", 4 3/8", and 4 9/16". Use bone folder to crease them good.


Cut off 4 corners and discard. Then use corner rounder on all 4 sides.

Stamp your background image into cardstock.
Using Stampin Up's Sticky Tape, tape edges and then close shut.



I used my cropadile to punch the tiny holes at the top for the ribbon (which is going to be your handle). Add ribbon by tying knots on the inside. Then add some velcro so it can stay shut.
This is what it looks like with my business cards in it with it open.

The finished business card holders look like this (hmmm, I wonder who I made the "B" one for?!!).

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial :).

6 comments:

christie said...

This is super cute! I might have to make one of these.

christie said...

This is super cute! I might have to make one of these.

Chelsea said...

Sherri ... this is supper cute ... I am guessing the "B" isn't for me :)

-Chelsea

Tami Bayer said...

This is soooo adorable. I really need to order some business cards.

Chris said...

Very cute project!...just a reminder... Chris starts with a "C" LOL

Jackie said...

I know who you made the "B" one for :-), and you made a "J" one for me - thank you! I saw the instructions on Julie's blog, but didn't care for the brown she used - I like your color selection much better. The instructions are wonderful, thanks for posting them.