Sunday, August 24, 2008

My hairdresser Amanda is getting married in October

and I didn't know what to get her but she is getting married in a barn and coming down "the aisle" in an actual John Deere tractor so I wanted to get her something with a "country-feel" to it so I came up with this idea. I found a plain white tin and decorated it with rooster paper and then I found some rooster recipe cards at AC Moore. But at the time I only found 1 pack. I had everyone hunting high and low for more rooster recipe cards. Thank goodness my stamping friend Shelley in MA found 5 more packs and shipped them to me so I could complete my project!!! Thank you so much Shelley!! Anyway, I finished my recipe box - I copied down 75 of my favorite recipes and stuck them in Amanda's box so I hope she likes this gift. Here is the finished gift.... (You can click on each photo to see them larger)



5 comments:

Mary said...

Great job Sherri! I know she'll love it.

K Hutchinson said...

Oh my heaven and stars! This is such a wonderful gift! 75 recipes with this gorgeous box- she is a lucky lady! You did an amazing job!

pescbrico said...

What a great gift! I'm sure she will love it! I would ! :)

Midnitecreations - Renu said...

That's a fantastic gift. I would have loved it if my mother had given me something like that when I got married. Betty Crocker and I got to know each other quite well in those early days! lol

Tami Bayer said...

Oh, this is wonderful! It sounds like a fun wedding, too.