Saturday, June 12, 2010

Graduation day is finally here!!!







































































































Graduation was at 12:30. They had to be there at 11:00. We got there around 11:50 to get good seats. It was at the Cabarrus Arena so they had good seats all around. We got our seats and as soon as I sit down, I got all teary eyed. I thought "oh my gosh, I can't start crying yet". The kid behind me kept going on and on how he would be crying during the whole ceremony since its his little brother who was graduating. So then he started crying. He was about 20 yo if I had to guess. Then, the arena filled up (even though we had plenty of empty seats all around us) and the kids marched in. Again, I was ok. Not crying yet. The principal spoke, the senior class president spoke (in english and spanish) and a few other students spoke. Again, I was not crying. Before we knew it, the kids all walked up in alphabetical order so Emily being "T" was towards the end. She got her diploma. I took pics. Still not crying much. Just a little teary eyed from time to time but nothing like alot of MEN I saw who were crying. All of a sudden, all the crowd stood up and the kids all threw up their hats. I was so wanting to capture that moment. But did I get the "shot"? No!! The lady next to me jumped up to her feet and got in my way and I didn't get the picture I had wanted. LOL Charlie did get it on video so I hope to upload it to you tube if we can figure out how to do it later. All the kids walked off with their tassels on their left sides and then we all met them outside. It was 96 DEGREES outside!! Thank goodness for it being held indoors and with the A/C blasting. It was so hot outside!!! Here are a few pics I took...



Charlie did get this photo of the graduation hats being thrown into the air so I am happy now :).

4 comments:

Joanne said...

You've gotten some super pictures of Emily's graduation. I sure wish you were into scrapbooking. Congratulations Emily.

Lesa said...

TFS the pics. Sounds like an inspiring, amazing day! They grow up fast! Emily is just gorgeous.

Sharon said...

Great pics!!!

Mary said...

Oh my goodness Sherri! Congrats to Emily. She is such a gorgeous young woman these days. I know you are so proud. Hugs to you all.

Mary