Tuesday, January 24, 2017

New watercolor paints by Jane Davenport

Have you seen the new watercolor paints by Jane Davenport? Michael's is the only big box store that sells them in the US and I've been watching my Michael's stores for 2 weeks. Once they would get them in, they would sell out.  Finally, I went armed with a 50% off coupon this past weekend and I was lucky enough and found both sets. I really think I am going to love these new watercolor paints!!!

I am entering this in the following challenges:

Happy Little Stampers - Watercolor
Colour Crazy - Anything Goes
Stamps and Fun = Creativity - Anything Goes
Hiding in my Craft Room - Color It
Come and Get It - No Designer Paper
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes


They come in 2 sets. One is Brights and one is Neutrals. I had to get both!!

Each little paint cube comes wrapped in plastic and you have to
take off the plastic.

Then, I made a swatch of each color. I used their paper
they supplied but I am thinking I should've used
watercolor paper to get a accurate color swatch.

I played around with them. I love their
vibrant colors but they took a little
while to dry, compared to other
watercolor paints. I ended up coloring
every other book, letting it dry before
adding the next color so they wouldn't run.

My finished bookmarker. Stamp by Unity.

4 comments:

Dana Johnson said...

Beautiful Bookmark Sherri! Thanks for joining us at the Come and Get it challenge! ~DT Dana

Eve's Been Reading said...

Such a lovely project, thanks for joining in the fun with us at Colour Crazy Challenge Blog. Good luck! Yvonne (DT)

N-Eva said...

What a lovely card .
Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

Lisa Dümig said...

Your Bookmark is lovley.
Thank´s for showing by SFC.

Regards
Lisa:)