Friday, August 17, 2007

I went and spent some time with Robin today ...

She called me yesterday to tell me her doctor told her NOT to go to Gatlinburg this weekend. They have her on new pain medicine as the old pain meds weren't giving her much relief. She is very weak right now and can only walk with a walker. We sat out on her back porch and surprisingly, it wasn't too hot (its been in the 100's the past few days in a row) and it was nice just sitting there rocking in her big swing. All of a sudden, she started talking about going to heaven and she knows the pain will be all over when she gets there. Well, I have been able to hold back the tears all this time until today. I could not help it. I just started crying, then she started crying, we hugged each other and we just cried for awhile. I felt horrible to start her crying but she says she cries alot but goes in her room and cries so the kids don't see her. Her mom is there helping her now and that is great. She waits on her hand and foot and that's what Robin needs at a time like this. Its so hard for her mom too to see her failing this fast. Life just stinks sometimes!! Why is that?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there sher. God will take her soon.I think she is prepared.I know this must be hard on you and her friends but keep in mind she really is going to a better place in this world and she knows it-a place with no pain.She has had to endure so much. God bless her and her family at this time.

shuggy said...

i can't answer why, my friend. just be there for her and that is the best thing you can do.

Anonymous said...

Sherri,
All you can do is be there for her and listen and care, which you do. Your a good friend, she is lucky to have you on her side. I know this is so painful for you and I am so so sorry that Robin is suffering so much!

K Hutchinson said...

You know I feel your pain just going though this my self in January! I wish there was something I could do to ease the pain for you. All you can do is bet there for her and her family. Sending you a big hug!

Lesa said...

My heart breaks knowing what you are going through Sherri. It was good you cried with her. Do & say the things now that you think you'll regret if you don't after. Time is so fleeting. Hug yourself too....you need comfort and support as well.