Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer has just begun and I can't find time to blog?






Shame on me!! School has been out for about a week now and we had Amber's graduation party this past weekend. We had a wonderful time. Beautiful weather, wonderful company, lots of great food ... I did come down with a HORRIBLE case of poison ivy or poison oak. Not sure where I got it, probably doing some of the weeding getting ready for the big grad party I suppose. After the graduation party, I was itching really really bad so I got Charlie to call his doctor friend and he called me in some steroids to help ease the pain and so we found the closest 24 hour CVS that was open. This was around 12 pm at night. Came home in pouring rain, a horrible thunderstorm and when we were about to turn onto our street we heard this really loud siren going off. I knew it was at our house but Charlie kept insisting "its not at our house". Just as we pulled into the driveway, my cell phone rang and Emily tells me "Mom, the alarm is going off". So I told her and Nicholas to get the dogs and go outside. I am thinking "fire". We run inside and find the alarm blinking Carbon Monoxide. I start to panic. The kids say it went off right after the power had flickered off and on. Charlie isn't worried, turns off the alarm and I am still in a panic and ready to call 911. He goes in to take a shower (what?!) and his cell phone rings and its the alarm company saying the volunteer fire dept are on their way. 3 different volunteers come within minutes, checked everything out and all is fine. The kids and I wait outside on the front porch and then we hear TONS of firetruck sirens in the distance. They get closer and closer but the volunteers must've called them off right when they got here because they never came down our long driveway but did get really close since they were so loud. All is good and we are fine. Whew!! What a way to start the summer!!! LOL So here are a few photos from the grad party that I took .... Katherine's good friend Dana made this beautiful quilt for Amber. Isn't it gorgeous? I love all the pretty patterns she picked out. Its no secret I want to learn to quilt!! Dana, will you teach me? :)

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Great pictures. Glad you are doing better. I know what you mean about being busy....where is the time going.

Lesa said...

Wow! What a night you had. But all is well thank goodness. Looks like you had a blast with the party! The goodies look delish.