Tuesday, February 16, 2010

If you think airbrushing is just for cards, think again ...


Almost anything can be airbrushed. My friend Jackie sent me this website and after I read all the things she said could be airbrushed, a lightbulb went off in my head. I made this card using this flower (which is airbrushed and made out of a coffee filter of all things!). I got the idea from Sherry Cheever's blog and since I don't own any distress inks I thought why not try airbrushing the coffee filters with my Copic markers and it worked beautifully. I also decided to try my Stampin Up scallop circle punch and that worked great too. I folded 1 coffee filter in half and then half again like Sherry did and that gave me 4 petals to work with once I punched them out. I sprayed them AFTER I punched it out and then added a brad in the middle. I also used my new Stampin Up border punch at the bottom of this card (I'm not even sure what the proper name is for it) and I got that punch free with a $50 order. I also airbrushed the little ribbon. It was white to start out with and so I wanted it to match so I airbrushed it with my Copic marker. Stamp is by Stamping Bella. I also used Dazzling Diamonds on the flower. How can I not have tried this glitter after all the years I have been using Stampin Up? OMG - I love that stuff!!

4 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

How cool! It's very pretty!

Jackie said...

Adorable! You're giving me ideas now - I will have to try airbrushing something other than cards.

Sherry Cheever said...

Ooooooh how clever to airbrush the coffee filter! I LOVE it and will have to try that. Today I airbrushed white flowers to be pink, but didn't even think about airbrushing the coffee filters! EXCELLENT!

Lesa said...

Clever girl!!! Love your new header too ;)