Monday, April 25, 2011

Have you tried duct tape on a card?

I had a great first day at work. The 6 hours went pretty fast considering perfume was not selling that much the day before Easter. Everyone was real nice and I will do it again this Fri and Saturday. People need to buy for Mother's Day.

Emily was home for Easter. She left real early this morning to head back. We will have to move her back home for the summer in the next week and 1/2. We'll make one trip down this week, bring back a load and then make the final move back next week.

Nicholas is home on spring break this week. This is the latest we've ever had spring break I think. I hope to get our garden planted this week. Looking forward to having my tomato sandwiches everyday for lunch. I remember when I hated tomatoes - now I love my tomato sandwiches on toasted bread with light mayo. Mmmmmm

I haven't stamped much lately in the last week. Have you heard about "washi" tape? A Muse Studios sells it and even though I haven't tried it yet, I decided to try duct tape and Walmart has designer duct tape for cheap. So I made this card with duct tape cut in strips in the background. What do you think?


Stamp by Hero Arts


Bakers Twine


Duct tape

3 comments:

shuggy said...

the stamp is so cute!! love the duct tape.

and tomato sandwiches?? hmm...what a great idea!

Dee in N.H. said...

Hi Sherri! I never thought to use duct tape on a card! LOL! That is really cool! I love tomato sandwiches too, especially a nice warm tomato from out in the sun...mmmmmm

Suzi said...

The card looks AWESOME but you need to buy some Washi tape!!!