Sunday, June 18, 2017

I love the new Tim Holtz oxide inks

Have you tried the new Tim Holtz oxide inks?  I finally found some at Michael's up in Cincinnati last week and I decided to only buy 3 colors so I could try them out. I bought: Broken China, Wilted Violet and Cracked Pistachio. I love what these inks will do that regular distress inks will not. These inks blend beautifully together where with distress inks, they can be somewhat blending challenged. Also, you can stamp directly ONTO the stamp with these ink pads where you don't get a clear crisp image when you do it with distress inks.

While I was in FL this past week, I stopped at 3 different Michael stores and 1 Joann's to see if they had any oxide inks and they had ZERO. So today I looked at eBay and decided to order 5 more colors. I can't wait to get them and play with them next week.

I used the oxide inks for the background of the card and I also stamped the cactus stamp directly into the inks.

Cactus stamp by: Stampabilities
Sentiment by: Art Impressions
Background by: Tim Holtz Oxide inks

No comments: