Wednesday, July 5, 2017

This snowman rocks it!

So I saw a rock that was stamped and painted online and I had to try it.  I went for my walk and looked high and low for rocks. NONE were smooth enough to stamp on so off to Home Depot we went. We got this huge bag of rocks for $13 and I stamped this Purple Onion Designs snowman onto the rock using Stazon ink. It dried pretty quickly. I then used my acrylic inks to paint the colors on and that took a little while to dry. After it dried, I went around the black edges with a zip marker. My sharpie marker was too thick but I think that would've worked too.  Everyone might be getting a snowman rock for Christmas this year :).

Winter Wonderland - Snowmen
Inky Chicks - Christmas
Unicorn Challenge - Christmas in July
ABC Christmas - N is for New, O is for Old (New is for rock, Old is for stamp)

Stamp by Purple Onion Designs
Stamped in Stazon ink
Colored with Acrylic paints



5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Wow this is amazing. Thank you for joining us at the Unicorn Challenge Blog for Challenge 23 “Christmas in July.” Hugs Jackie (DT)

Kath said...

A fabulous creation. Thank you for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland.
Kath x

Cards By MI said...

Smashing creation. It looks smashing. Very charming. Thanks for joining us over at the Winter Wonderland.
Love n hugs
Marie

Adventures in Paperland said...

Great idea, thanks for sharing your rock at ABC Christmas Challenge.
Lisa DT

sweet art designs said...

How friggin' cute. Wow!